Thursday, April 7, 2016

The Brooklynite

The Brooklynite is a bar that knows exactly what it is doing, with Bartenders that know who they are, know they are good at their jobs and rely on nothing else.
I went in on a Monday night with a friend. They do have Happy hour from . Then on Monday they have Cheap ass Monday! Old Fashions and Daiquiris $5.00! So great deals. They also serve CORNDOGS (That based on some pictures look great, haven't actually ordered one yet).
Tuesday they have Tiki Tuesday, with Tiki themed cocktails that all run about 10.00 a pop.
Their regular menu consists of both originals and classics that run from 8-11 dollars each. 
My friend and I both order two cocktails each. His were both of the menu, and were very delicious and to his liking. My first one was off the Menu, also good, but a little too smokey for my tastes (Not a big Mezcal fan, and it had Mezcal in it.) The second drink I had was off the menu, because business started picking up a little later into the night. 
Though you're more than welcome to order off the menu, and probably would on a night that they are busy. It seems though that during their off hours the bartenders are ore than willing to make you something of their own creation, or that was on a previous menu that they really enjoy. They ask you questions, see what you like. "Do you like Boozy, or light? Refreshing, or Heavy? What Spirit do you typically drink?" Very friendly and very nice bartenders here at the Brookylnite. 
With that being said they do have a bit of a mouth on them. There was a lot of cursing going on on this Monday night, the language might offend some people, it didn't effect me much. In fact I think it somehow added to the vibe that the Brooklynite is all about. "I do what I want." I mean isn't that what the rebels on Prohibition were? People that liked drinking, having a cocktail, talking with their friends, and not letting some law rule their lives?

Everything Ranges on a scale of 1-5!


Price: 4
Atmosphere: 4
Bartenders: 4.5
Happy Hour: 4-7 Monday through Friday, where you can get Daiquiris, Old Fashions, Brooklynite, and some other cocktail for $5.00
Food: Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment