Monday, April 18, 2016

Juniper Tar

Review:
I went in on a Downtown Tuesday, expecting a Happy Hour, unfortunately their recent opening meant that they didn't actually have time to set up a Happy Hour menu yet. (the bar manager did promise it was coming within the month!) 
I asked the bartender what his favorite thing to make was, and after telling me it was a Slow Gin Fizz, I told him, while that drink is great, I was more int he mood for a Old Fashioned or a Manhattan. He set me up with an Old Fashioned. Then I sat to enjoy my cocktail while waiting for my friend. 
The bartender and the bar manager were both very friendly. They would include me in their conversations (most of the time they just involve things they were putting on the menu and ways to reduce loss on fresh fruit and whatnot). While it was conversation you wouldn't typically hear in a bar, it was fascinating that I was able to see what kind of goes on behind the scenes of a bar and that they staff was comfortable talking about it, though that might have had something to do with the fact that I was the only patron in the store since they opened 15 minutes prior to my arriving. 
I finished the cocktail, paid ten dollars for it all together. Which is a little pricey for my tastes (since i like to frequent happy hours) but the drink was good, the venue beautiful and the company pleasant. It's definitely a bar to go back to! Next time though, it will be when they have the Happy Hour up and running. :P
(Also; Tip! Check out the Bathroom, It's probably the nicest bathroom I've ever been in.)




Everything Ranges on a scale of 1-5!

Price: 4
Atmosphere: 5
Bartenders: 5
Happy Hour: (N/A)
THEY HAVE ONE NOW. 7 For $7. 7 Cocktails for $7 Monday-Saturday 4-7.
Food: No

TAVERN WENCH OUT. 
-Drinking in SA

No comments:

Post a Comment